Peer Evaluated Papers
Research and the development of new techniques is an important part of advancing medical science. Below is a list of published peer-reviewed papers by the surgeons of Cautilli Orthopaedics describing important topics and surgical techniques.
David A. Cautilli, M.D.
- Ulnar Shortening Using the AO Small Distractor, by Marwan A. Wehbe, M.D. and David A. Cautilli, M.D., Journal of Hand Surgery, Vol. 20A, No. 6, November 1995, pp. 959-964
- Extension Tendon Grafting on the Dorsum of the Hand in Massive Tendon Loss by David A. Cautilli, M.D. and Lawrence H. Schneider, M.D., Hand Clinics 11:3, August 1995, pp. 423-429
George P. Cautilli, M.D.
- Analysis of Fume Emmision from Ultrasonic Removal of Methylmethacrylats Cement in Revision Hip Surgery. G.P. Cautilli, M.D., W.J. Hozack, M.D. Journal of Arthroplasty, June 1994.
- A Prospective Review of 303 Cementless Universal Cups with Emphasis on Wear as the Cause of Failure . G.P. Cautilli, M.D., J. Beight, M.D., B. Yao, M.D., and W.J. Hozack, M.D. Seminars in Arthroplasty, Jan. 1994.
- Late Peroneal Nerve Palsy After Total Knee Arthroplasty. G.P. Cautilli, M.D., W.J. Hozack, M.D. American Journal of Knee Surgery. Summer 1993, Vol. 6, No. 3.
- Scapholunate Distance and Cortical Ring Sign. G.P. Cautilli, M.D. and M.A. Wehbe, M.D. Journal of Hand Surgery, March 1991.
Richard A. Cautilli, Sr., M.D.
- Fracture of the Month ‑ R.A. Cautilli, Sr., M.D., author of Vol. l, #2 ‑ Ankle Fracture.
- Campbell Reference ‑ Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics, Case Report, edited by Crenshaw, A.H., 7th Edition, C.V. Mosby Company 1987, page 1837.
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion, edited by Lin, P.M., published by Thomas, C. ‑ Theoretical Superiority of the Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion, Cautilli, R.A., Chapter 4, pp 82 ‑ 94.
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion ‑ Lin, P.M., Cautilli, R.A., Joyce, M.F., Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics, November 1983, pp 154 ‑ 168.
- Posterior Dislocation of the Shoulder ‑ Report of Six Cases ‑ Cautilli, R.A., Joyce, M.F., Mackell, Jr., J.V., Jefferson Orthopaedic Society Journal, Vol. 7, #1, pp 15 ‑ 20.
- Classification of Fractures of the Distal End of the Radius ‑ Sandzen, Jr., S.C., P.S.G. Publishing Co., Littleton, MA, 1979, pp 74 ‑ 79, 88, 90, 97.
- Posterior Dislocation of the Shoulder ‑ Method of Post Reduction Management, American Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol. 6, #6, pp 397 ‑ 399, November ‑ December 1978, Cautilli, R.A., Joyce, M.F., Mackell, Jr., J.V.
- Classification of Fractures of the Distal End of the Radius ‑ Cautilli, R.A., Joyce, M.F., Gordon, E., Juarez, R., Journal of the Jefferson Orthopaedic Society, Vol. 3, #1, pp 46 ‑ 49, 1974.
- Classification of Fractures of the Distal End of the Radius ‑ Cautilli, R.A., Joyce, M.F., Gordon, E., Juarez, R., Clinical Orthopaedics, Vol. 103, pp 163 ‑ 166, 1974.
- Congenital Elongation of the Pedicles of the Cervical Spine in Twins ‑ Cautilli, R.A., Joyce, M.F., Lin, P.M., Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Vol. 54A, pp 653 ‑ 656, April 1972.
- Fractures of the Proximal Humerus ‑ DePalma, A.F. and Cautilli, R.A., Clinical Orthopaedics, Vol. 23, pp 77 ‑ 93, 1961.
Richard A. Cautilli, Jr., M.D
- An Alteration in the Definition of Jones Fracture Based on Radiographic and Anatomic Analysis by Richard Cautilli, Jr., M.D. and Paul Hornstein, M.D. and submitted to American Journal Sports Medicine.
- Distal Realignment for Patellofemoral Problems by Richard Cautilli, Jr., M.D. and J.P. Fulkerson, M.D. Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Review, submitted April 1994.
- Chronic Patellar Instability: Subluxation and Dislocation by J.P. Fulkerson, M.D. & R.A. Cautilli, Jr., M.D. In Surgery of the Knee by Fox and DelPizzo. 1992.
- Patellofemoral Joint‑Diagnosis and Arthroscopic Treatment by J.P. Fulkerson, M.D. & R.A. Cautilli, Jr., M.D. In Arthroscopic Surgery and Principals of Arthroscopic Surgery by B.
- Tibial Spine Avulsion Fracture: R.A. Cautilli, Jr., M.D. and B. Frieman, M.D. In Fracture of the Month, Vol. 2 Number 1, January/February 1992.